Tuesday, November 23, 2021
Time: 2:00 PM – 3:30 PM ET
Webinar; 1.8 AAP, APRP CEU Eligible
Learning Level: Advanced
Member Price: $225.00
Non-Member Price: $325.00
While headlines across most media sources have focused on direct pandemic issues, there remains a troubling undercurrent causing substantial financial losses that isn’t getting much attention: Account Takeover.
- Account Takeover Fraud (ATO) attacks are on the rise, up nearly 300 percent since last year (2020, ThreatPost)
- Cyber Actors Conduct Credential Stuffing Attacks Against US Financial Sector (FBI, 2020; PIN 20200910-001)
- Increased Use of Bankers Trojans in Banking Apps (ic3.gov, 2020)
Over a decade old, Account Takeover seems to get overlooked often, even while losses continue to climb to staggering heights. Financial institutions who fail to remediate risk appropriately risk regulatory findings, lost customers/members, increased financial losses, reputational risk, legal risk, and more. Join this session to learn how to handle cases and investigations.
Attendees will leave the session with an understanding of:
- Current tricking tricks used to bypass online banking security;
- How to document what’s working and what’s not in this space;
- How to assess sound business practices that present a stronger security posture;
- How to examine the future horizon for security options.
Rayleen M. Pirnie, Director, Risk & Fraud, NEACH
You might also like:
- Operation Management and Personnel
- Risk Management
- Management and Senior Management
- Compliance Officers (Auditors)
- Compliance Management
- Information Security
- Information Technology
- AAPs and APRPs wanting to earn continuing education credits
- Risk and Fraud Roundtable
- Common Gaps in ACH Risk Management
*Please note that the access information will be sent to you in a separate email upon receipt of payment. Access information and support are only provided during normal business hours.
** This event is part of the NEACH Education Club. Members who join the Club save $75 off the cost of this event.