Wednesday, March 31, 2021
Time: 2:00 pm ET – 3:30 pm ET
Webinar & Complimentary Recording; 1.8 AAP, APRP CEU Eligible
Non-Member Price: $325.00
Effective June 30, 2021 there is a new limitation on Warranty Claims (i.e. Breach of Contract) in the ACH Network. This new rule limits the ODFI and Originators’ liability for unauthorized ACH debits.
Depending on the RDFIs current error resolution processes for claims of unauthorized ACH debits, the new claim windows could impact both the RDFI and their account holder.
Join this session to examine issues like the EFTAs one-year statute of limitations for breach of contract referenced in the new rule; friendly fraud causing rifts between RDFIs and ODFIs; how to use one or both of the breach of warranty claim windows; and more.
Balancing the new ACH Rule with the EFTA and Regulation E, attendees will:
- Review the reasons for this new ACH Rule;
- Define key terms and the new claim windows;
- Evaluate consumer, RDFI and ODFI liability for unauthorized ACH debit entries;
- Clarify the portions of the new Rule causing the most confusion;
- Compare the new Rule to the EFTA and Regulation E;
- Apply the new ACH Rule Limitation of Warranty to real-life cases.
, Senior Vice President, Operations, NEACH
Rayleen M. Pirnie
, Director, Risk & Fraud, NEACH
This session is ideal for those with responsibilities in:
You might also like:
- • ACH Operations Staff
- • ACH Managers
- • Compliance Officers (Auditors)
- • Electronic Payments Professionals
- • Fraud Investigators
- • Legal
- • Risk Management
- • Senior Management
- • AAPs & APRPs wanting to earn CEUs
*Please note that the access information will be sent to you in a separate email upon receipt of payment. Access information and support are only provided during normal business hours.
** This event is part of the NEACH Education Club. Members who join the Club save $75 off the cost of this event.