Tuesday, March 22, 2022
2:00 - 3:15 pm ET
Webinar; 1.5 AAP/APRP CEU Eligible
Learning Level: Beginner
Member Price: $225.00
Non-Member Price: $325.00
This interactive course covers provisions of Regulation E to provide attendees with a basic framework and understanding of an institution’s minimal obligations for handling consumer claims of unauthorized EFTs.
We will explore, define, and discuss:
• § 1005.2 – Definitions.
• § 1005.6 Liability of consumer for unauthorized transfers.
• § 1005.11 Procedures for resolving errors.
• How state law can apply or override Regulation E.
• Case studies.
• CFPB 2021 enhanced interpretations.
This is intended as a primer for understanding Regulation E. This course provides the fundamentals necessary for anyone attending the two-part Sticky Situations: Regulation E Compliance Tips sessions.
In this session attendees will:
• Examine provisions of Regulation E applicable to consumer claims of unauthorized EFTs.
• Discuss how Regulation E and the CFPB’s 2021 interpretations impact investigation responsibilities of institutions.
• Identify Regulation E investigation requirements from payment system rights of return.
• Differentiate institution responsibility/liability from consumer liability.
• Apply what you have learned.
Rayleen M. Pirnie, BCJ, AAP, CERP, Director, Risk & Fraud, NEACH
• ACH Coordinator
• Electronic Banking
• Product Management
• Retail Banking/Front Line Staff
• Training Director
• Reg E
• Financial Institution
• Rule Book Contact
You might also like:
• Sticky Situations: Regulation E Compliance Tips Series
• ACH Fraud: From the Rules and Beyond
• ACH: Limitations of Warranty Claims 2022
*Please note that the access information will be sent to you in a separate email upon receipt of payment. Access information and support are only provided during normal business hours.
** This event is part of the NEACH Education Club. Members who join the Club save $75 off the cost of this event.