Thursday, April 1, 2021
On-Demand; 1.2 AAP, APRP CEU Eligible
Learning Level: Advanced
Non-Member Price: $325.00
Are you often confused about the requirements around stop payments for consumers vs corporates? Are you placing these stops and their expiration dates according to the Nacha Operating Rules? Are you ensuring that you understand the intent of your customer or member who requests that a stop payment be placed? And how do you handle official bank checks that are lost or stolen? Do you put stop payments on them? This session will address each of these issues and more and help you to avoid reputation risk and legal risk for your financial institution if stop payments and expiration dates are not placed appropriately.
Attendees will leave the session with an understanding of:
- The different requirements and timeframes for placing stop payments for consumers vs. corporate customers/members,
- How to clarify the intent of someone who is requesting the placement of a stop payment;
- The particular rules surrounding the handling of lost or stolen official bank checks.
, Director, Education, NEACH
You might also like:
- ACH Managers
- Operations Management and Personnel
- Compliance Officers (Auditors)
- Electronic Payments professionals
- AAPs and APRPs wanting to earn continuing education credits
- Compliance Day Workshop
- Accredited ACH Professional (AAP) Certification
*Please note that the access information will be sent to you in a separate email upon receipt of payment. Access information and support are only provided during normal business hours.
** This event is part of the NEACH Education Club. Members who join the Club save $75 off the cost of this event.