Thursday, December 14, 2023
2:00 - 3:00 pm ET
Webinar; 1.2 AAP/APRP CEU Eligible
Member Price: $225.00
Non-Member Price: $325.00
Fraud in payments is nothing new. According to the 2023 AFP Payments Fraud and Control Survey 65% of all organizations were victims of a payment-related fraud attack attempt and much of this fraud leveraged payment channels such as checks, cards, wires, and ACH. To further these concerns, last year Nacha released its new risk management framework that discussed the challenges associated with credit-push fraud schemes which is often a result of an attack such as business email compromise, vendor impersonation, and account takeover. All these factors come together to create a perfect storm of potential fraud in the payment space.
Cross-channel risk refers to capitalizing on multiple payment channels to perpetrate a fraud scheme such as leveraging funds made available through remote deposit capture deposits to then send funds out via ACH only later to receive a return of the deposited check causing the FI to potentially take a loss. This is just one example and there are many more to consider. In this session, Sean Carter, CEO of NEACH Payments Group and Mark Dixon, VP of Education at NEACH discuss the anatomy of cross-channel risk and tie in recent trends, updates, and industry tools to provide the audience with a full picture of how to identify these challenges and mitigate them within their own environments. In addition, recent trends related to instant payments and Same-Day ACH will also be factored into the equation.
Come join us as we dive into the complex challenge of cross-channel risk.
• Evaluate the current state of cross-channel risk
• Develope tactical approaches to address cross channel risk schemes
• Strategize how to develop instant payment offerings account for potential cross channel fraud
• Sean Carter, AAP, APRP, NCP, President & CEO, NEACH Payments Group
• Mark Dixon, AAP, APRP, NCP, Vice President, Education, NEACH
• ACH Coordinator
• ACH Origination
• ACH Receipt
• Anyone involved in check processing/RDC
• Cards (Including Error Resolution Disputes)
• Electronic Banking
• Faster Payments/Emerging Payments
• Originator/TPS Education
• Payment Strategy
• Payments Rules and Regulations
• Risk Management (Including Fraud Incidents)
You might also like:
• NEACH U School of Risk Management
*Please note that the access information will be sent to you in a separate email upon receipt of payment. Access information and support are only provided during normal business hours.
**Additional registrations: You can register additional attendees for free via group registration. To access this feature, you must be logged in.